Monday, January 20, 2020

Dan Lineham Features 1/27/2020

1/27/2020 Dan Linehan hosted by Gary




A longtime professional writer, author, and award-winning poet, Dan Linehan often interweaves nature, current events, and far-flung lands. His poetry has been published widely in books, newspapers, and literary journals, including in The Anthology of Monterey Bay Poets. He is passionate about helping to solve environmental crises through creativity. Dan’s new multimedia serial novel The Princess of the Bottom of the World includes poetry inspired by his travels to Antarctica and Argentina. For more, visit: www.dslinehan.com


THE BEAGLE CHANNEL
by Dan Linehan

Sandra told me about her silver ring.
Her mother had said
            silver has healing powers.
I showed her my silver earring.
I feel like a pirate now.
She has a telescope back in Chile.
This is her last cruise.
She knows magic tricks.
We watched the comet,

            sharing a pair of binoculars.


* Check out links for The Princess of the Bottom of the World:
       Get the Series
       Events
* Participant Media films a short profile of me and my work
* My work in Argentina: writing, teaching, film, and a deadly storm...
* Climate change interviews with Sylvia Earle, Bill McKibben, Al Gore, and Charles Ferguson
* For these and more, visit my website at www.dslinehan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment