Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Camille Miller features 2/27/17


2/27/17  Camille Miller   hosted by J.D.
(Need a prompt? Look at Camille's poem and riff off it)


Camille Miller is a poet who resides in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has been active in the open mic scene for three years.  Her favorite poets are Maya Angelo and Langston Hughes. She enjoys entertaining a crowd with lyrical and thought provoking verse .  She is an active part of the Valona Poetry community in Crockett.
                                                                          I lost my toenail
                                                                        Running a marathon

But it was worth it

'Cause it will grow back

But I lost my youth

Worrying about the future

And that is part of my life

I'll never see again

(Except in my memories)

So attack each day 

With a sense of passion

'Cause age will come

And it will crash in

So keep on living

Until you die

And try

Not to lose a toenail.

No comments:

Post a Comment